Adult Degree Program Mission Statement
The Adult Degree Program provides access to a Linfield education for adults.
- provides affordable education in selected locations in Oregon and online anywhere
- is committed to working cooperatively with other institutions of education to provide higher education to underserved communities
- employs a variety of delivery formats to overcome geographical restrictions: evening, weekend, and online courses
- allows students to complete their programs at their own pace
- provides a catalyst that activates the learning process
- creates a caring, supportive environment for adult learners
- builds a knowledge base providing skill development for today and the complex world of tomorrow
- equips students for leadership in the workplace, community and global society
- values experiential learning as a component of a broad based education
- capitalizes on the maturity, focus and commitment of the adult learner
Linfield’s adult students bring a wealth of professional and personal experience and a seriousness of purpose to college courses, learning actively with professors online and in the classroom. Advisors provide knowledgeable and supportive assistance to students by telephone, email, and meetings.
The Adult Degree Program’s challenging and exciting academic opportunity for learning features seven distinctive majors supported by a liberal arts core.